SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a web optimization process wherein the content of an online website appears among the top few search results when a user searches for a particular keyword using any one of the available search engines. The most commonly used search engines today are Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
In SEO, there are three parties involved:
- The business,
- The Search engine and
- The Searcher
To explain the above definition in simpler terms, think of “vacation”. Therefore, if you are an online holiday making website, your business will want all search engines to display the name of your business to any user who searches for the word “vacation” or any other related term.
Simplifying it further, what SEO does is that it puts in a mystery factor to the relevant content such that search engines display your content as one of the top results to any user who searches using the relevant search query. This is exactly what MailBanger does.
Here are some simple tips to help you understand how SEO optimizes content:
- Everything depends on coding. Ensure that your programmers code the website correctly because only a well-coded website will effectively generate maximum traffic to your site while applying SEO.
- Whenever you write content for your website, ensure that the essential keyword is optimally used. That is the overall keyword density in a page of content should be less than 20 percent.
- Create relevant anchor texts to your content for accessing all your links, especially the internal links that users might not explore.
- Use appropriate header tags to highlight the crucial points of your business’ products and services so that the search engines pick the same up.
- Apply on-page and off-page SEO effectively. While on-page SEO is related everything that appears on your webpage, off-page SEO is not just about links. Off-page SEO is a technique that improves the overall ranking of a website in the results page of any search engine.